Friday 19 August 2011

Back to SChool

Finally back. Already the third day in fact, but been too caught up in catching up. I mean, like wow.

Missing the first 2 weeks of curriculum didn't seem much to me. I thought it'd be mostly intro lectures like it had always been for the past 4 sems of experience. But no. It didn't occur to me that this time, the first 2 weeks can be considered the most important?  Because its this time that u try to form groups, which will be with you throughout the entire course line -- AND ultimately determine your fate. Twas kinda late that i realized that.

Having said that, I am really thankful of my group mates who were kind enough to take me in. I mean, even I know how bad it would look when you don't even show up for 2 lectures or can't attend group meetings. I'm not proud of it, but please believe me that it was not the outcome that i had wished for. Im really really thankful for the understanding shown to me by these good people. I know it hadn't been easy on them, and I will make it up to them.

Its finally the weekend, and the pace is slowed down a little. Finally less admin issues and requirements (except for 2 minus this one blogs which I'm behind for). Project group assignments, tutorials and tutorings are done too. So whats next? hopefully rest? haha. FBAssignment =/

Well this assignment experience has been, pardon my poor ability in expression, like a roller coaster ride. When things work out or when your animations turn out like the way u want them to, morale goes sky high. You keep coding for the next 3 hours. But when things don't turn out the way you want em to, div box aint showing the correct format, queries returning rubbish, morale goes ground zero. You spend the next 5 hours figuring out whats wrong. And so on. The result? A tired, but satisfied coder. lol

Then theres disagreements. Put in a nice way that is. Sometimes things aren't so nice though. We argue, i think every group does. and that sucks. I want things done my way, you want them yours, well.....so how?
It can be hard to appease everyone. I just hope that at the end of the day, they realize its nothing personal. I still like them as friends.

Coded from 12pm yesterday till 10am today. The original intention was to code through the night and attend the seminar, but guess the mind is just too weak. Actually, the body was weaker lol.

Enough rambling for now, gonna get some z's. Continuing the discussion online later at night.

To be continued (:


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back.

    Coded from 12pm yesterday till 10am today. The original intention was to code through the night and attend the seminar, but guess the mind is just too weak.

    At least you have a sweet young thing you in your group now. Apparently she adores you guys so it should be helpful for morale. :-)

    ReplyDelete